More from Clipperholics
- Grade the trade: Clippers shockingly land Trae Young in wild proposal
- 3 of the most overpaid players on the LA Clippers’ roster
- Trading for this player covers the Clippers’ biggest weakness
- How will the LA Clippers fare in the in-season tournament?
- Why the LA Clippers should steer clear of recent gold medalist waiver
SO. MUCH. YES. This is my personal favorite option for the Clippers. Former Sixth Man of the Year Leandro Barbosa has so much to offer the current Clippers roster. Barbosa’s appeal isn’t even in his stats, which aren’t bad at all. With an effective shooting percentage of 52.6% and 82% from the charity stripe, he would help with some more spark off the bench. Not to mention his championship experience with his short time in Golden State.
Barbosa’s biggest appeal is his mentorship and ability to take guards under his wing and help improve their games. In Golden State, Curry was always a finisher but couldn’t always get there, enter the Brazilian Blur and Curry becomes a lethal cutter. His work with Devin Booker in Phoenix last speaks for itself. Barbosa has a career of helping anyone with a decent first step and make them an above average slashing scorer.
With the Clippers having two rookie guards in Jawun Evans and Sindarius Thornwell, both of whom could use a little development and mentorship to truly harness the flashes of great basketball we’ve all seen, Barbosa would be a great get for the team.